Casual / On-Call Ongoing Posting
Provides general custodial duties for the Nation’s facilities including Housing in order to ensure that they are maintained in a safe, healthy and sanitary manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide interior cleaning of the Nation’s facilities, including washing, mopping, waxing, vacuuming, and dusting the buildings’ structural frame and interior furnishings.
- Perform deep cleaning tasks, such as shampooing rugs and waxing floors in accordance with the established cleaning schedule.
- Dispose of trash by emptying waste bins and picking-up litter.
- Ensure that entryways are clean and accessible as to provide a safe entry to and exit from the building.
- Replenish the facilities stock of disposable items, such as toilet paper, paper towel, and soap.
- Report any identified repair and maintenance needs.
Education, training and certificates
- High School Diploma (Preferred)
- Housekeeping experience
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and attributes
- Cleaning and chemical supplies
- Skills and abilities:
- Time management, able to work independently and without direct supervision
- Attention to detail, honest and trustworthy