Please be advised that starting November 9, 2018 until further notice, Phyllis Francoeur will be available to issue status cards at the main NTC office at 5001 Mission road in Port Alberni on the following schedule:
- Fridays (9 am to 4:00 pm)
- Wednesday Mornings (9 am to 12 noon)
This will apply only to the First Nations who are currently using the NTC's Membership Program: Ehattesaht, Hesquiaht, Hupacasath, Kyuquot/Checklesaht, Mowachaht/Muchalaht, Tseshaht and Uchucklesaht.
If a member is planning to attend the NTC office to obtain a status card, it is very important that they bring along acceptable identity documents.
Acceptable identity documents include:
Valid Canadian Passport OR, 1 Valid Government issued picture I.D. PLUS another piece of I.D. from the acceptable identity document list (2 pieces of I.D.):
- BC Drivers licence (BCDL)
- BC Identification (BCID)
- BC Services Card without photo (accepted up to expiry date)
- Combined BCDL and Services Card
- Interim BCDL or BCID or BC Services Card (accepted up to expiry date)
- Certificate of Indian Status Card (accepted up to 6 months past renewal date)
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status (accepted up to one year past renewal date)
Unacceptable identify documents include:
- Damaged or altered or photocopied documents
- Any document with missing information including but not limited to a partially missing letter or number
- Any document that is laminated unless it was laminated by the issuing authority
- Any document that is not an original document from the issuing authority
- Care Card or Gold Care Card (Replaced by the BC Services Card effective March 1, 2018)
- Social Insurance Number Card
The program operates with a limited supply of cards at any given time, and we suggest that a member who wants to obtain a status card phone Phyllis Francoeur at the NTC office (250-724-5757) before you arrive to confirm that there are status cards available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope to resume full program support in the very near future.