Uchucklesaht Tribe Government is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Building Maintenance Worker employment opportunity.
Job Summary: Performs maintenance and repairs related to buildings, Grounds and equipment, in one or more areas such as electrical, plumbing, painting and grounds-keeping.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establishes, monitors, and carries out preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for buildings, equipment and grounds. Ensures building and equipment meet all safety, security and fire regulations and policies. Makes recommendations for major repairs and purchases to supervisor.
2. Performs carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanical and plumbing maintenance and repairs such as repairing furniture, constructing shelves, installing switches, replacing plugs and other basic appliance repairs, applying paint and other finishes, repairing drywall, disassembling and reassembling equipment, replacing sinks and toilets and applying finishing material such as linoleum.
3. Monitors work performed by contractors, prepares estimates of labour and material costs, contacts external contractors and trades people to obtain quotes and arranges for major repairs and maintenance work.
4. Collects and removes garbage and recyclable materials and ensures the safe disposal of hazardous waste.
5. Cleans external areas such as entranceways, sidewalks and parking lots using manual and power brooms, rakes, shovels and other equipment to remove dirt, leaves, snow and other refuse. Performs minor gardening and lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning and watering. Cleans internal areas of the building such as hallways, building floors and windows, stairwells, washrooms and office areas.
6. Completes and maintains related records such as maintenance logs and security incident reports.
7. Transports equipment, furniture and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts. Operates a motor vehicle to pick up and move goods and supplies. Arranges furniture for special events.
8. Performs other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications, Education and Knowledge:
- Grade 10, plus related vocational training such as building maintenance course.
Training and Experience:
- Two (2) years recent related experience.
- Or and Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Criminal Record Check Required
Applications Deadline: Please forward a resume and cover letter by
February 22nd 2019 to: Lysa.Ray@Uchucklesaht.ca
Uchucklesaht Tribe Government
5251 Argyle St. Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V1
Fax: 250-724-1806 Attention: Lysa Ray