The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is seeking a 0.5 FTE Registered Nurse to provide a full continuum of Community Health/Home Care Nursing services to individuals in a variety of community-based settings in NTC’s Northern Region territory. You will be working in remote communities – one week in and one week out. Our Nursing services follow the Nuu-chah-nulth Nursing framework that ensures culturally safe, relational, reflective and trauma informed Nursing Practice. This part-time position may be based out of the communities of Kyuquot or Zeballos.
- Provide comprehensive public health/home care with an emphasis on healthy living, illness prevention, health education, chronic disease management, and clinical intervention
- Establish and maintain community partnerships to help address health issues, reduce the incidence of disease, and to enhance the health of individuals, families, groups and general populations
- Current RN license with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Experience working with First Nations will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with Panorama, Mustimuhw cEMR, or other related electronic nursing charting system will be considered an asset
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and be prepared to travel within the region
- Provide acceptable references and criminal record check
The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary, benefits package, self-directed professional development, regular in-services, and subsidized travel.
Apply by 4pm, August 10, 2020 by sending your cover letter, resume and three available references to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463
(We regret that we will only respond to those applicants chosen for an interview)