Ka:’yu:’k’t’h’/Che:k’tles7et’h’ First Nations (KCFN) is seeking 1 or 2 people to work on a short-term contract basis to engage with KCFN members and collect information in preparation for the Big House project. Engagement will focus primarily on the Big House design, artistic designs and site selection.
The term of contract will be approximately 3 months, with a potential extension.
Key tasks and skills:
- Meet with elders, Ha’wiih and other members of KCFN in Houpsitas and away.
- Co-develop an engagement strategy with the Big House and Community Centre Committee
- Organize and attend individual and group meetings for the purpose of engaging with KCFN members; asking questions, documenting answers and compiling information.
- Requires the ability to listen carefully and collect input from KCFN members, elders, Ha’wiih
- Understand the importance of capturing the information correctly, and collecting enough information.
- Able to deliver the information to the Big House and Community Centre Committee.
- Computer skills required for compiling the information.
- Prefer experience working in the Ka:’yu:’k’t’h’/Che:k’tles7et’h’ language
- Must have drivers license – travel required to meet with KCFN members
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Must have good communication skills; asking questions, documenting answers, presenting to the committee information gathered (written and oral)
Closing: April 14, 2020, 4:30pm
Submit a resume and expression of interest to
Big House and Community Centre Committee, C/O Cynthia Blackstone, CAO,
Fax: (250) 332-5210,
Mail: General Delivery, Kyuquot, BC V0P 1J0,
Late applications will not be accepted. Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.