The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is looking for a term (to March 31, 2021) Crisis Response Clinical Counsellor. This position works in a community outreach setting and the role is mobile across all Nuu-chah-nulth communities and attends to individual, family, and community mental wellness. Based out of Port Alberni and reporting to the Director of Health, this counselling role provides advanced level expertise in community-based clinical services specific to crisis and trauma response.
- Provides crisis support and intervention in the event of a community based critical incident.
- Provides mental wellness counselling services including individual, group and family sessions, healing/treatment planning, collaborative discharge planning and after care to those impacted by community-based incidents that activate the IH/FNHA Joint Crisis Response Protocol.
- Collaborates with community health staff, Traditional Healers, families, and community resources as needed.
- Collaborates with the community health staff to help build crisis response capacity of the community.
- Provides assessments and screenings as needed upon discovery of the presence of suicide risk and mental health related issues.
- Provides referrals to external agencies, internal services, Traditional Healers and other culturally relevant resources.
- A Master’s degree in counselling, psychology or a relevant human services field.
- Minimum of 2-years working with threat / risk and trauma assessment, intervention/post-vention.
- Up to date registration and in good standing with professional regulatory body.
- Advanced training in threat / risk assessment and/or trauma response.
- Knowledge of various therapeutic and counselling modalities.
- Knowledge of assessment and screening tools and modalities in determining suicide, violence risk and threat.
- Familiarity with traditional healing practices, customs, values and traditions of First Nations is an asset.
- Able provide acceptable references and criminal record check.
Competitive benefit package; and, salary based on qualifications and experience: salary range $69,500 - $92,000. For further information contact: Lynnette Lucas, Director of Health by email: Lynnette.Lucas@nuuchahnulth.org.
Apply by 4pm February 25, 2020 by sending your cover letter, resume and three references (available for contact) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463