The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC), Usma Family and Child Services (Usma FCS) is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our team as an experienced, delegated Social Worker. Based out of Port Alberni, this social work positions will have C - 6 caseload responsibilities and will involve travel with our 14 Nuu-chah-nulth Nations.
Child Safety Social Worker Job Summary
The Child Safety Worker is accountable and responsible for the safety and wellbeing of children while providing preventative support to preserve families where possible. The Child Safety Worker assesses client care and risk to children, creates and implements family plans, makes referrals for other community resources, assesses and monitors temporary and permanent placements for children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to and investigates any report about a child’s need for protection
- Actively involved with the individual / family and their supports, key stakeholders, partner organizations to foster positive and healthy outcomes
- Maintains factual documentation and reports in accordance with legal requirements, policies and procedures within required timeframes
- BSW or degree in a related field with several years of progressive social work caseload experience involving First Nation families
- Must have, or be eligible for, C6 delegation
- Knowledge of related legislation and processing court documents and court process.
- Knowledge of Nuu-chah-nulth governance, culture and traditions; or being a First Nations person will be considered an asset
- Must have a car and valid driver’s licence
- Provide references and an acceptable criminal record check
All staff are expected to be team oriented and maintain confidentiality of all information gained while working with the organization. To learn more contact Kyra Mason, Usma FCS Director by email: Kyra.Mason@nuuchahnulth.org.
Apply by January 23, 2019 by sending your cover letter, resume and three references (available to contact) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463
(We regret that we will only respond to those applicants chosen for an interview)