Uchucklesaht Tribe Government (UTG) is currently accepting applications for a Deputy Director of Human Services.
The Deputy Director of Human Services is responsible for assisting the Director of Human Services with a wide variety of duties and more complex services including the planning, development, implementation, and supervision of community support services throughout the community. This individual will also be tasked with the provision of specialized home and community-based support and prevention services for children and families, as well as the successful development of programs that promote healthy lifestyles and relationships. The Deputy Director of Human Services will provide supervision to other community service staff and assist in the development and coordination of community development and educational services.
• Highschool Diploma
• Post-Secondary Education in Social Work or Related Field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the Community Services Industry
• 5-year minimum training or experience working with individuals with cognitive and/or physical challenges in a community residential setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certificates approved by Licensing.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
• Politically and culturally sensitive.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
Interested applicants may obtain a copy of the complete job description and requirements by contacting Lysa Ray, Executive Assistant, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 4:30pm on Friday October 30, 2020 to:
Attention: Lysa Ray, Executive Assistant
In Person/by Mail: 5251 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V1
Emailed to: Lysa.Ray@Uchucklesaht.ca
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.