Uchucklesaht Tribe Government (UTG) is a dynamic and progressive Maa Nulth First Nation located on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. UTG has been self governing since treaty came into affect on April 1, 2011.
UTG is seeking a self-motivated, experienced, and highly skilled individual who has excellent interpersonal and communications skills to become part of their team as the Executive Assistant to the Chief Councilor. As the first line of contact for the Chief Councilor, the Executive Assistant will. promote a professional image and good impression of UTG, ensuring all interactions are carried out with a friendly, positive and helpful attitude.
The Executive Assistant will provide consistent and confidential high-level administrative and clerical support to the Chief Councilor. This includes the smooth functioning of the office with timely and effective follow-up on decisions and direction. In addition, the Executive Assistant will operate a small retail operation and the Thunderbird Spirit Water reception area.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 Education. College or University Diploma in Administration/Office Management preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in an executive support role, ideally in a First Nations government environment.
• Experience in managing a retail operation including cash handling and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing MS Office software applications.
• Knowledge of government administration and related legislation, laws, regulations and policies.
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet time sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated experience in organizing meetings, including preparation of agendas, taking minutes and documentation with attention to detail and accuracy. Interested applicants can encouraged to obtain a copy of the complete job description by contacting Lysa Ray, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com
Salary Range and Benefits:
UTG offers a competitive wage commensurate with qualifications and experience and a comprehensive benefit plan (including dental plan, extended health benefits, optical plan, accumulated sick leave and Municipal Pension Plan).
Please submit a resume and cover letter no later than 12:00pm on Friday February 21 to:
Attention: Lysa Ray, Executive Assistant
In person/by mail: 5251 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, B.C. V9Y 1V1
Emailed to: Lysa.Ray@Uchucklesaht.ca (MS Word or PDF documents)
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.