The Executive Assistant/Bookkeeper is an important role in the linkage between both Ditidaht First Nation Council and Administration; and between the Administrator and senior staff. The main function of this position is to keep communication at all levels, both oral and written; and to provide some bookkeeping functions of accounts receivable. Bank reconciliation, process travel claims and various bookkeeping duties.
• Contact council members by telephone to confirm attendance on meeting
• Type and distribute agenda and information package to Council
• Keep records of meetings and resolutions
• Oversee master filing system
• Bookkeeping responsibilities of Accounts Receivable and various other bookkeeping duties
• Grade 12 Graduation and recognized bookkeeping training program (Sage 500) or equivalent combination of training and/or experience
• Previous experience in working with a First Nation organization
• Strong oral and written communication
Interested applicants please submit a covering letter and resume to:
Ditidaht First Nation
PO Box 340
Port Alberni, BC
Or Fax: 1-250-745-3332 or email email@example.com
Applications will be accepted by fax, email or in person to the Ditidaht Administration Office and must be received no later than 4:00 pm on December 19, 2018.
*Acknowledgement of receipt of application will not be sent; we will contact candidates who are screened in for further consideration when the screening process is completed.