Under the direction of the Program Manager and Clinical Supervisor, the Therapist will be working as part of a culturally-based Trauma – Informed multidisciplinary team working with individuals and their families at a residential family development center.
Preference will be given to individuals with the following qualifications:
- Master’s level education – Psychology, Social Work Youth and Child Care, Education, Aboriginal studies degree
- Certificate from an accredited Counselling Association
- Direct experience working with families in a counselling relationship
- Familiarity with the theories of child development, family development, lateral violence, complex trauma, attachment, assessments and the ACES study in relation to family issues.
- Extensive knowledge of Recovery and Addictions
- Knowledge of First Nation communities and socio-cultural systems and specific health needs
- To have knowledge of and willingness to actively support traditional healing practices
- Training and experience with client assessment
- Possession of highly acute verbal, auditory, visual and written communication skills
- Computer skills and proficiency with MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- Class 4 license is preferred
- Criminal records check
- First Aid and CPR Training, WHMIS training is preferred
- Must be actively practicing your “Self-care” or “Personal Wellness” plan
- Living a lifestyle free of addictions for a minimum of 3 years
- Salary is commensurate to your qualifications
All applicants will be screened according to suitability. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Interested applicants please submit your resume with a cover letter and three written job related letters of reference to Executive Director. A Criminal Record Check will be required.
Closing: December 18, 2020
7830 Beaver Creek Road
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8N3