The teacher is responsible for providing quality education to elementary school aged children attending haahuupayak School.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the School policies, standards, governing regulations and procedures, as directed by the haahuupayak Society
• Maintains confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of haahuupayak School
• Follows integrated Resource Package (IRP) and BC Performance Standards to meet BC academic standards
• Prepares lesson and unit plans that meet the learning outcomes outlined in the IRP
• Manages classroom to be a safe learning environment
• Maintains records of students’ academic performances utilizing a variety of informal and formal assessment tools
• Prepares student Communicating Student Learning reports and facilitates parent/teacher interviews
• Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual student needs and to motivate student learning.
• Cooperates in school-wide supervision of students during out-of-classroom activities
• Cooperates in team building and team work with the principal and other staff
• Maintains professional development by taking courses and participating in workshops
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Principal
• Bachelor of Education Degree and a member of the BC Teachers Regulation Branch: BC Ministry of Education
• Training in Special Education an asset
• Valid First Aid Certification with CPR Level B or C endorsement an asset
• Classroom teaching, student teaching, internship, or full-time teaching experience within a public or private school system.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Integrity (Honesty, Trustworthy, Professional etc.)
• Ability to be open-minded and tolerant
• Ability to develop and deliver curriculum
• Knowledge of current trends in computer technology
• Solid classroom management
• Criminal Records Check appropriate to the Employer and the position
• Current Driver’s License (not a requirement)
• Life style consistence with the duties and responsibilities of the position
• Organized with excellent planning and development skills
• Experience working within a First Nation environment
With application, please provide Cover Letter, Resume including 3 current references and any other supporting documents. Apply by email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is: Open Until Filled.
Note: This is a maternity leave position (18 month) that has been moved up to immediate; we wish to fill this position immediately.