The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is seeking a part time (0.6 FTE) Registered Nurse or LPN to provide a full continuum of Home Care Nursing services to individuals in a variety of community-based settings in NTC’s Southern Region. Our Nursing services follow the Nuu-chah-nulth Nursing framework that ensures culturally safe, relational, reflective and trauma informed Nursing Practice. This position is based out of Port Alberni.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Provide comprehensive health care with an emphasis on healthy living, illness prevention, health education, chronic disease management, and clinical intervention.
- Establish and maintain community partnerships to help address health issues, reduce the incidence of disease, and to enhance the health of individuals, families groups and general populations.
- Current RN or LPN license with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Experience working with First Nations will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Panorama, Mustimuhw cEMR, or other related electronic medical record charting system will be considered an asset.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and be prepared to travel within the region.
- Provide acceptable references and criminal record check.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary (RN $76,000 - $90,000 or LPN $49,000 - $63,000), benefits package, self-directed professional development, regular in-services, and subsidized travel.
For more information, contact Catherine Gislason, Home Care Clinical Leader at (250) 724-5757.
Apply by October 17, 2019 by sending your cover letter, resume and three references to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463