The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council is seeking a permanent, full-time Home Care Nurse Clinical Leader to provide professional nursing guidance and support to Home Care Nurses working in several coastal and central locations on western Vancouver Island. Based out of Port Alberni, this position will support and guide nurses to deliver professional, ethical, culturally-safe and responsible care based on the Nuu-chah-nulth Nursing framework.
- Provides clinical expertise, oversight, mentoring, support and reflection to the team.
- Provides orientation and ongoing guidance with the NTC Nursing Framework, NTC Nursing Policies, and in meeting CRNBC Professional Standards.
- Expertise in Home Care Nursing and the ability to act as a role model, support team members to embrace the Nuu-chah-nulth way of nursing, and motivate team members to align their nurse practice with Nuu-chah-nulth values and beliefs.
- Exemplary leadership in cultural safety, relational inquiry, reflective practice, trauma-informed care and completing documentation in partnership with clients.
- Support a collaborative approach to service delivery that sees the team working with other Nuu-chah-nulth staff (eg. Mental Health) to best meet the needs of clients.
- Experience with First Nations in relational practice, reflective practice, and trauma-informed care.
- 10 years clinical nursing experience in Home Care practice;
- Proven ability to lead, guide, and support nursing professionals;
- Home Care experience particularly in Chronic Disease Programs;
- Master Degree in Nursing preferred;
- Current license with CRNBC;
- Must have a car and valid driver’s licence;
- Clean criminal record.
Our Home Care Nurse Clinical Leader receives a competitive salary ($78,000 to $92,000 based on qualifications and experience), benefit package, subsidized travel, and regular in-service training.
This position requires a current license with CRNBC, and acceptable references. If you have any questions, call Jeannette Watts, Nursing Manager at: 250.724.5757.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by July 2, 4:30 pm by sending your cover letter, resume, and three references (available to contact) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383 Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463