Working as part of the Housing Team to provide housing service for all tenants and deal with general enquiries on a wide range of housing related issues and involves making agreements and arrangements in respect of tenants’ accounts and supporting the Housing Team.
The team members will vary their duties (under the direction of the Housing Manager) to cover the area of greatest demand on a day to day basis which enable TFN Housing to meet its business objectives, the needs of all internal users and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate communication correspondence from Tenants in respect of their rent accounts via telephone or in person.
• Scanning, filing and e-filing statements, invoices and documents.
• Maintain tenants former and current rent accounts, setting up agreements and arrangements to clear arrears.
• Monitor tenant rent accounts on a weekly basis taking appropriate recovery where accounts are in arrears, in consultation with the Housing Manager, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
• Provide support, guidance, and assistance to the Nation’s Housing Committee.
• Provide administrative back up to Housing Team, inputting data on to computerized systems.
• Send standard letters and non-standard letters as and when required by Housing.
• Track and collect rent payments, as well as security deposits, and follow-up and address late payments and assistance in Eviction delivery.
• Assist in the process of acquiring tenants by marketing available units, accepting and reviewing applications, and preparing and tracking rental agreements.
• Coordinate move-in and move-out dates, including unit inspections and related paperwork.
• Ensure that the Nation’s housing policies and by-laws are consistently implemented and enforced throughout the communities.
• Work with tenants to resolve housing concerns and complaints and maintain a record of issues addressed.
• Maintain a record of required housing maintenance and assess and prioritize work to be assigned to the repair and maintenance staff.
• Deal with enquiries in the absence of the Housing Manager and cover responsibilities to the best of your ability/capacity during periods of absence.
• Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably assigned to you by the Housing Manager, Chief Executive Officer and/or Chief Financial Officer.
Education, training and certificates
➢ High School Diploma
➢ Experience in an office setting
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and attributes
o Computer software knowledge such as Microsoft office
➢ Skills and abilities:
o Verbal and written communication skills, time management, interpersonal skills, establish priorities, conflict resolution
o Problem solver, professional conduct, tactful and respectful, diplomacy, customer-oriented, critical thinking, attention to detail
➢ Preference for a qualified Aboriginal candidate
➢ Works in an office setting, primarily in a stationary position for the majority of the day.
➢ Uses computer and telephone throughout day.
➢ Must able to remain stationary for prolonged periods of time.
➢ May be required to travel by car or boat
➢ Class 5 BC driver’s license and access to a vehicle would be an asset
Deadline to apply is: Monday December 17th, 2018 by 4:30pm
Submit your resume and cover letter to: Susan van Dalen – Human Resources Manager Email: email@example.com Or by Fax: 250.725.3352 Or drop at the office in a sealed envelope at #1119 Pacific Rim Highway Tofino