The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is an experienced, Human Resources (HR) Advisor. Based out of Port Alberni, this full-time HR Advisor supports the work of the Human Resource Manager, and is the go-to person for providing responsive human resources advice and guidance to staff on a wide range of HR topic.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with recruitment including issuing job postings conducting pre-interviews, and reference checking
- Support NTC departments with work-place orientation of new employees
- Administer the employee registered pension plan
- HR data management
- Facilitate training initiatives
- Assist in reporting work-related injury to WorkSafe BC, and submit short-term and long-term disability claims
Preferred Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in HR plus 2+ years’ of relevant experience in providing HR support, and assisting a diverse group of employees in a proficient and patient manner
- CPHR designation or progress towards completion would be considered an asset
- Strong understanding of HR practices and administration, as well as applicable legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, the Canada Labour Code, Human Rights, Privacy, Occupational Health & Safety, Common Law, etc.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Computer savvy; proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License and have a vehicle for business travel
- Presenting a clean criminal record is required
We offer the successful candidate a competitive benefit package including registered pension plan, group insurance coverage, paid sick leave, and a pleasant and respectful work environment.
Salary: A starting salary in the range of $55,000 to $65.000 is anticipated, depending on qualifications and experience.
Apply by May 15, 2019 by sending your cover letter,
resume, and three references (available to call) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463
(Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted)