Uchucklesaht Tribe Government is currently accepting applications for a Human Service Clerk employment opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Clerical support duties
• Assist the Director of Human Services with the following departments:
Education, Social Development, Health, Child Welfare, Administration
• Assist with developing, organizing and conducting programs
• Participation and preparation for various activities and events
• Cooperate with clients to help identify and obtain available benefits, social and community services
• A Certificate or Diploma in Administration
• Direct work experience in a Receptionist/Office Clerk Capacity
• Direct work experience with Elder’s and Youth.
• Proficiency with applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and outlook
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
• Create and maintain accurate filing systems and basic databases
• Ability to effectively and assertively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
• Ability to be flexible in working with various age groups
• Familiarity with First Nation organizations and the ability to function in a First Nations culture are important aspects.
Applications Deadline: Please forward a resume and cover letter by
February 21, 2020 to: Lysa.Ray@Uchucklesaht.ca Attention: Lysa Ray
Apply in person: 5251 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y1V1