Uchucklesaht Tribe Government is currently accepting applications for a Human Service Clerk employment opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Clerical support duties
- Assist the Director of Human Services with the following departments: Education, Social Development, Health, Child Welfare, Administration
- Assist with developing, organizing and conducting programs
- Participation and preparation for various activities and events
- Cooperate with clients to help identify and obtain available benefits, social and community services
- A Certificate or Diploma in Administration
- Direct work experience in a Receptionist/Office Clerk Capacity
- Direct work experience with Elder’s and Youth.
- Proficiency with applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and outlook
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Create and maintain accurate filing systems and basic databases
- Ability to effectively and assertively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in working with various age groups
- Familiarity with First Nation organizations and the ability to function in a First Nations culture are important aspects.
Applications Deadline: Please forward a resume and cover letter by
January 25, 2019 to: Lysa.Ray@Uchucklesaht.ca Attention: Lysa Ray
Apply in person: 5251 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y1V1