- Department: Health and Social Services
- Location: Private residence
- Reports to: Community Social Services manager
- Status: On call
- Probation period: 3 months
- Job classification: To be determined
Provide home care support to the Nation’s members who require additional help to maintain a healthy standard of living given their medical state, on an on-call basis.
The Home Community Care upholds the culture of the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations by providing services that demonstrate the worth and respect of the Nation’s members. This position strives to create a healthy and supportive community that values and recognizes huu-piits-tulth (helping one another).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Home Care Support:
- Assist patient with completing personal care and hygiene routines.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as administering medication, monitoring vital signs, changing bandages and dressings, and assisting with exercise and physiotherapy plans.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as preparing meals, feeding or assisting with feeding, laundry, and household cleaning that maintains sanitary conditions in the home environment.
- Provide companionship for the patients.
- Transport patients to scheduled healthcare appointments outside of the home, if necessary.
- Educate and advise the patient and their family members regarding appropriate home care support and consult with the family members to ensure that these needs are being met.
- Stay current on the patient’s health and care needs and liaison with healthcare professionals, if necessary.
- Advocate on behalf of the patients for additional service and resources, as required.
- Track and maintain a record of home care support being provided to the patients.
Education, training and certificates:
- High School Diploma
- Graduate from a recognized Care Aid Program
- Registered with the BC Care Aid & Community Health Worker Registry
- Valid BC Driver’s License
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and attributes:
- Human health, healthcare practices, health legislations
- Skills and abilities:
- Organizational skills, verbal communication skills, time management, interpersonal skills, housekeeping skills
- Confidentiality, professional conduct, sound judgement, tactful and respectful, diplomacy, empathy, sympathy, customer-oriented, trust, integrity
- Preference for a qualified Aboriginal candidate
- Must possess a clear criminal record check for the vulnerable services sector.
- Clear driver’s abstract
- Food Safe Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
Deadline to apply is October 18th, 2019.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation
PO Box 18 Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 250.725.3352
Or drop it off at the office in a sealed envelope at #1119 Pacific Rim Highway, Tofino