The City of Port Alberni is a vibrant community of 17,500 people. Located centrally on Vancouver Island, Port Alberni is a well-serviced municipality that offers residents affordable west coast living, as well as proximity to oceanfront, lakes, rivers and mountains. Our dynamic organization provides a full range of programs and services to our taxpayers.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Coordinator – Aquatics to join our team. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong technical background in recreation facility operations, and is enthusiastic about discovering innovations and opportunities for efficiencies throughout our infrastructure. The successful applicant will report to the Facilities Operations Supervisor and be responsible for all things related to daily operation, maintenance, and repair of our recreation centre’s systems.
• Direct and supervise the maintenance operations of the aquatic and recreation centre, including chlorination, filtration/HVAC systems and janitorial equipment.
• Train, schedule and supervise staff.
• Complete facility and equipment repairs, developing and implementing standards of janitorial work and preventative maintenance.
• Assist in preparing specifications for the purchase of capital items and contract work, overseeing contract work as required.
• Assist in the planning of and provide direct oversight of the annual aquatic centre maintenance shutdown.
• Ensure that all required health and safety procedures are adhered to as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Completion of Grade 12, combined with 2 years’ experience in aquatic operations
• Previous experience in janitorial and facility maintenance work
• Previous supervisory experience
• BCWWA Chlorine Handling Certification (candidates who do not currently hold this certification will be required to obtain it within 6 months)
• Completion of Pool Operator I and II Courses (BCRPA or RFABC)
• Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
This position is part of the CUPE Local 118 bargaining unit and the current rate of pay for it is $34.63 per hour. The successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment fitness test and a police information check. For additional information, including a full job description, please go to http://www.portalberni.ca/employment-opportunities.
Qualified individuals may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter by 4:30pm on June 17, 2019:
Attention: Krista Tremblay, Manager of Human Resources
By mail: City of Port Alberni, 4850 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V8
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.