The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is seeking a qualified Manager of Teechuktl Services. Based out of Port Alberni, this permanent, full-time position will provide leadership and management expertise to effectively support the delivery of NTC’s mental health and wellness programs to ensures the needs of Nuu-chah-nulth children, youth and adults are being supported.
- To manage the NTC Teechuktl team within a culturally safe framework that balances the benefits of both Quu’asa approaches and western mainstream methods
- To manage delivery of Clinical Counselling, Prevention, Quu’asa, NIHB Mental Health programs; and ensure services meets the needs of client groups
- To ensure that program contracts, data collection, evaluations, and funding reporting are completed in a timely manner
- Master’s degree in psychology, Counselling, Social Work, or related professional qualification with a specialization in mental health plus direct experience managing mental-health services
- Minimum of 5-years of experience in managing a mental-health services program involving contract negotiation/administration, supervision, and team building
- Excellent communication and conflict-resolution skills
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and software programs
- Direct experience working with First Nations or familiar with Nuu-chah-nulth First Nations culture family systems considered an asset
- Able to provide acceptable references and criminal record check
- Personal wellness plan, and experience effectively supporting staff to maintain their wellness plans
- Provide acceptable references and criminal record check.
- Demonstrate compliance with the NTC Vaccination Policy (COVID-19 double vaccination)
Competitive benefit package and salary based on qualifications and experience: salary range $90,000 - $115,000.
Apply by 1 pm, January 9, 2023 by sending your cover letter, resume and three references (available for contact) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.