The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) Usma Family and Child Services is seeking an experienced, full-time, highly effective Team Leader who focuses on collaborative practice for the day-to-day functioning of the Guardianship Team. Based out of Port Alberni, Usma Nuu-chah-nulth serves the fourteen member Nations and Nuu-chah-nulth children, youth and families in Port Alberni urban. This is an opportunity to join a team that is strongly rooted in cultural values and beliefs, focusing on nurturing the Nuu-chah-nulth identities of our children and youth in continuing care while working with our families and Nations.
- Provides case consultation, supervision and mentorship to guardianship social workers
- Engages family and Nations in planning for children and youth in continuing care
- Fosters strong care teams around each child and youth in continuing care
- Engages Nations and family in cultural planning for children and youth
- Supports collaborative decision making
- BSW or Masters in Social Work, or Bachelors of Art in Child and Youth Care with a minimum of five years direct experience
- Possess C-6 Delegation, and direct experience in child and family services; or eligible for full delegation
- Knowledge of related legislation and processing court documents and court process.
- Knowledge of Nuu-chah-nulth governance, culture and traditions; or being a First Nations person will be considered an asset
- Practical knowledge of Provincial Aboriginal Operational Practice Standards and Indicators
- Must have a car and valid driver’s licence
- Provide references and an acceptable criminal record check
To learn more about this social work opportunity contact Kelly Edgar, A/Director of Usma FCS by email: Kelly.Edgar@nuuchahnulth.org.
Apply by March 15, 2019 by sending your cover letter, resume and three references (available for contact) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463
(We regret that we will only respond to those applicants chosen for an interview)