The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) Usma Family and Child Services is seeking an experienced, full-time, highly effective Team Leader who focuses on collaborative practice for the day-to-day functioning of the Family Service Team. Based out of Port Alberni, Usma Nuu-chah-nulth serves the fourteen member Nations and Nuu-chah-nulth children, youth and families in Port Alberni urban. The Usma Family and Child Services continues to strengthen our practice that is professional, ethical, culturally sensitive, and responsive social work for Nuu-chah-nulth families and children.
- Provides case consultation, supervision and mentorship to Family Service social workers
- Ensures the engagement of family and Nations in case planning and decision making
- Fosters relationships with community partners
- Engages Nations and family in cultural planning for children, youth and families
- Supports collaborative decision making
- BSW or Masters in Social Work, or Bachelors of Art in Child and Youth Care with a minimum of five years direct experience in a supervisory position
- Possess C-6 Delegation, and direct experience in child and family services; or eligible for full delegation
- Knowledge of related legislation and processing court documents and court process.
- Knowledge of Nuu-chah-nulth governance, culture and traditions; or being a First Nations person will be considered an asset
- Practical knowledge of Provincial Aboriginal Operational Practice Standards and Indicators
- Must have a car and valid driver’s licence
- Provide references and an acceptable criminal record check
Competitive benefit package; and, salary based on qualifications and experience: salary range $78,000 - $92,000. To learn more about these social work opportunities contact Kelly Edgar, Usma F&CS Director by email: Kelly.Edgar@nuuchahnulth.org.
Apply by May 27, 2019 by sending your cover letter, resume and three references (available for contact) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463
(Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted)