1 Positions - Tyhistanis
- Department: Community Services
- Location: Tiic-Mis-Aq'kin Health Health Centre/Meares Island Cultural Centre
- Reports to: Community manager
- Status: Fulltime, 1yr contract
- Probation period: 3 months
- Job classification: Program officer level 1
Provides administrative support to the Nation’s members in applying for prescribed program benefits, in particular Patient Travel and Social Development.
The Community and Human Services Program Intake Clerk upholds the culture of the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations by providing services that demonstrate the worth and respect of the Nation’s members. This position strives to create a healthy and supportive community that values and recognizes huu-piits-tulth (helping one another).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Health Related Administration:
- Review member information and determine eligibility to quality for the First Nations Health Authority non-insured benefits.
- Explain to the Nation’s members whether or not they qualify for patient travel benefits.
- Organize patient travel for the Nation’s members, including hotel, transportation and meal benefits.
- Prepare and submit required documentation to ensure the financial costs of the patient travel benefits are appropriately paid, including creating purchase requests and submitting reimbursement claims.
Social Development Administration:
- Implement, apply and adhere to the social development policies available to the Nation’s members.
- Assist the Social Development worker to conduct initial client assessments to determine client needs and eligibility to participate in applicable social support programs.
- Assist in reviewing and approving client applications for the Nation’s social assistance programs.
- Assist clients in applying for social assistance and financial help.
- Liaison and manage the transition of files from off-reserve to on-reserve.
- Record case notes, maintain confidential client records, and prepare corresponding reports.
Education, training and certificates:
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in an administration or office environment
- Experience with First Nations Programs and Services and their funding conditions
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and attributes:
- Bookkeeping, MS Office (including Word and Excel), travel arrangements
- Skills and abilities:
- Interpersonal skills, time management, verbal and communication skills
- Confidentiality, customer focused, professional conduct, diplomacy
- Preference for a qualified Aboriginal candidate
- Preference to qualified candidates with a Valid Class 5 drivers
Deadline to apply is 4:30 PM on Friday, October 18th, 2019.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation
PO Box 18 Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0
Email: email@example.com Fax: 250.725.3352
Or drop it off at the office in a sealed envelope at #1119 Pacific Rim Highway, Tofino