The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is seeking a qualified professional to serve as a Youth Navigator with Usma Family and Child Services (F&CS). Based out of Port Alberni, this permanent, full-time position will work alongside the Usma F&CS team to coordinate and facilitate youth transitioning into young adulthood, as well as working with younger children in care through one on one and group facilitation.
▪ Develop proactive youth transition wellness plans (i.e. education, life skills, employment, health) with each individual and their support systems that are need/goal oriented.
▪ Collaborate and build positive relationships/rapport with children and youth in care to encourage healthy lifestyle.
▪ Mentor, coach and support children and youth to facilitate personal, social and educational growth.
▪ Provide referrals and support to access community services (legal, medical, educational, housing and employment).
▪ Maintain sound and objective documentation throughout the transition process.
▪ Plan and facilitate age appropriate group activities.
▪ Diploma in the human service field with 2-years direct experience involving social services casework involving youth.
▪ Sound knowledge of CFCSA and relevant legislation, programs and services related to First Nation children and families.
▪ Superior written and oral communication skills /active empathetic listener.
▪ Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution.
▪ Possess networking skills to create strong community connection, and understanding of the importance of working with First Nations protocols.
▪ Must have a car, valid driver’s licence, and able to work a variety of schedules as needed.
▪ Provide references and an acceptable criminal record check.
Competitive benefit package. Salary based on qualifications and experience: salary range $49,000 - $63,000.
Apply by 4pm June 7, 2021 by sending your cover letter, resume and three references (available to contact) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463
(We regret that we will only respond to those applicants chosen for an interview)