The Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ Government has a new career opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, able to multi-task with excellent integrity, and strong work ethic. The successful candidate will have a strong willingness to learn and contribute to a team environment. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Lands and Resources.
• Prefer Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate in a Related Discipline (i.e. Business Administration, Secretarial, Office Administration or Natural Resource Sciences)
• Grade 12 with related Post-Secondary Courses or formal training (Desktop Publishing, Geographic Information Systems, Word Processing, Secretarial, Office Administration, Communications, Budgeting)
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and own vehicle
• Two to four (2 – 4) years Secretarial and Administrative experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows 7 preferred
• One to Two (1-2) years’ experience in Geographic Information Systems
• Experience in the taking of minutes, meeting preparation, and general meeting procedures
• Experience in data entry
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethics at all times
• Ability to relate well to community members, professionals and outside organizations
• Capable of responding to competing demands in a variety of situations
• Knowledge of Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ Government traditions and culture
• Excellent computer skills working with a Network environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent office and filing skills
• Excellent planning and coordination skills
How to Apply: please submit your covering letter, resume and three recent employment references to the attention of the Director of Operations, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (250-726-7552), by mail (P.O. Box 699, Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0) or in person (700 Wya Road, Hitacu, BC).
Closing Date: Friday, August 23, 2019
Thank you in advance for your application.