Uchucklesaht Tribe Government (UTG) is a dynamic and progressive Maa Nulth First Nation located on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. UTG has been self governing since treaty came into affect on April 1, 2011.
UTG is seeking a friendly and energetic individual to become part of the Finance Department team as an Accounting Clerk. Reporting to the Manager of Finance, this position is responsible for accurately and efficiently performing a variety of accounting duties. These duties include maintaining books of accounts for multiple business entities including typical AP/AR bookkeeping functions utilizing proprietary financial software, assisting with payroll functions, performing general accounting functions such as journal entries, reconciliations, special reports and maintaining records to support reporting functions.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 or higher with preference for completion of bookkeeping/accounting courses or progress in a recognized accounting program.
• Minimum of 2-3 years accounting/bookkeeping experience. First Nations government or managerial/cost accounting experience an asset.
• Full cycle accounting experience including reconciliation of general ledger accounts and bank statements.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to work as part of a team and to display a positive and helpful attitude. Interested applicants can obtain a copy of the complete job description by contacting Lysa Ray, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range and Benefits:
UTG offers a competitive wage commensurate with qualifications and experience and a comprehensive benefit plan (including dental plan, extended health benefits, optical plan, accumulated sick leave and Municipal Pension Plan)
Please submit a resume and cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on March 16, 2020 to:
Attention: Lysa Ray, Executive Assistant
In person/by mail: 5251 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, B.C. V9Y 1V1
Emailed to: Lysa.Ray@Uchucklesaht.ca (MS Word or PDF documents)
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.