The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) has an exciting opportunity for an aspiring leader interested in quickly advancing into a senior role through a planned succession position. The full-time Bridging Director of Finance will progress into the position of the NTC Director of Finance.
The Bridging Director of Finance will assist in the financial management of all NTC program areas to ensure that finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner and comply with relevant legislation, bylaws, policies, and procedures. This position will also assist the Director of Finance in the coordination of the annual Audit and assist in ensuring that all funds for distribution to the member First Nations are administered on a timely basis and in accordance with funding and program agreements.
- Must possess a current Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) and five plus (5+) years' senior financial administration and supervisory experience.
- Expert-level knowledge and practice of GAAP, and effective procedures for financial management, control, and accountability in the related areas of accounting (G/L, A/P, A/R, payroll, budgeting, and financial reporting).
- Excellent communication skills: ability to develop concise summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for board members, program managers, First Nation administrators, funding agencies, auditor, etc.
- A Self-Starter: ability to initiate tasks, work toward goals, and work independently.
- Ability to both interpret and write Financial Policies.
- Knowledge and effective working skills in Adagio, Adobe, MS Word, Excel, and e-mail.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience working with First Nations would be considered an asset.
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License and have daily access to reliable vehicle.
- Provide references and an acceptable criminal record check.
- Demonstrate compliance with the NTC Vaccination Policy (COVID-19 double vaccination).
Competitive benefits, and salary based on qualifications and experience. Salary range: $95,000 – $115,000.
Apply by 1 pm September 21, 2023 by sending your cover letter, resume, and three references (available to call) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2